Monday, December 14, 2020

Week 15: Audit Your Online Presence

 Our online footprint is a huge presence, From using facebook to instagram, or simply other websites. Every site we go to, every password we use, every email we use, every location we sign in on from, is what is our online footprint. Knowing in todays world, everyone has a online footprint (mostly). I have one for sure. Now knowing that google or your browser is taking your information and selling it, i have learned that i can keep my information secure by using a private browser and a VPN. A Private browser and a VPN will allow me to access the internet without being tracked or having my data be sold. 

I don't personally have a huge online footprint, but i would say that i have a good amount of accounts for certain things i need. I don't own my own website because i don't need it. I use instagram, facebook, twitter and tik tok. I have posted about trips i went on with my family, friends of mine and events that i had a good time at.

If a visitor were to visit my page i would assume they would think i am a fit guy that enjoys photography, traveling, spending family time , and spreading his experiences. 

To instagram and facebook i have given them my phone number. I chose this option because i wanted to receive text updates, i also wanted to ensure my account had a two step verification process. 

I personally believe that social media makes people mental state decline rapidly, i don't believe its good for our own self worth. We as individuals seem to tune into social media so easily, but why cant we tune out? I know it can cause a-lot of issues, but also has a huge bright-side to it. 

We are never safe no matter where we are, we can always have our information stolen. So just watch out, use a VPN and a private browser, as well as don't give instagram or facebook your real information if your so worried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15: Audit Your Online Presence

 Our online footprint is a huge presence, From using facebook to instagram, or simply other websites. Every site we go to, every password we...